WHAT ARE ELASTICS? Elastics are rubber bands that help move your teeth in a direction that cannot be accomplished with braces alone. They use constant, light pressure to move your teeth into a better position.
HOW DO I WEAR MY ELASTICS? Always wear your elastics as Dr. Najirad has instructed. If you ever forget where to put them, just give our office a call and we will be happy to go over it with you! They may be hard to put in at first, but you will get better (and much quicker) after a few days – have some patience with them.
THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT ELASTICS:
- They only work when being worn, so make sure to wear as instructed!
- Remove when brushing
- Replace elastics at least 3-4 times every 24 hours – they are like rubber bands and they can lose their stretch after time
- Always carry extra elastics with you
- Taking elastics in and out often, or only wearing them part time, will not move teeth well and it can actually make them sore
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF:
- You have any problems (elastics breaking frequently, a loose band or hook where the elastic is being worn)
- You run out or lose your elastics (just stop by the office to pick up some more, or give us a call and we can mail you some). We don’t want you to be without them!
We will be happy to arrange a Free Consultation for you in order to get all the information you need to know