- Clipping poking wire with nail clippers
- Using orthodontic wax to stabilize a loose bracket or alleviate pain from wire
- Rinsing with warm salt water to help with sore gums
- If a smaller wire is poking you (not the main archwire), push the end of the wire toward your teeth with either your finger or pencil eraser. This will move the wire away from your lip or cheek. You can also put wax over the wire as well.
- If the wire has come out of the last bracket, you can try to put it back into the tube by directing it with a tweezer. If the archwire has slid around to one side try using a tweezer to slide it back to it’s original position.
We will be happy to arrange a Free Consultation for you in order to get all the information you need to know